This year has been very busy and one of my most challenging . Despite being thrown several curve balls and experiencing my own personal health issues, I did manage to complete several sewing projects. I’d say that’s a victory. Don’t you think?
I thought I’d pick my faves for the year and share them with you. I added a few pics of my favorite skirts, dresses, and bags for your viewing pleasure and for my own personal pat on the back. And I even had a chance to host two sold out sewing events with my gorgeous sew sister Elle of Ellerusssew. You have to check out her blog and follow her on social media for an extra dose of “step your game up sewing goodness.”
- Black and white neoprene midi length dress. Features a close-fitted bodice, double circle skirt, and one-shoulder flounce. Sewing with neoprene was surprisingly not the biggest challenge. The challenge was creating in one night for a client without having any measurements. Self-drafted.
- Scuba knit skater dress. Features a close-fitted faux wrap bodice and handkerchief circle skirt. I self-drafted this pattern based on the client’s specifications and knew immediately that the snake skin knit fabric from my stash would be perfect for what she was looking for.
- Maxi Skirt. I don’t think I have to discuss this one again. I created this one for myself using some clearance home décor fabric from Hancock Fabric’s. Oh how I will miss Hancock’s. Sad Face.
- African print midi-length maxi skirt. Isn’t the fabric beautiful? I purchased this seersucker fabric in an African print from TessWorldDesigns. To be honest, I didn’t notice it was seersucker when I purchased it. I just fell in love with the print.
- Halloween inspired circle skirt. I made this skirt for a friend and the minute I saw this bodre fabric with gold spider web designs at Joann’s my lightbulb went off. Since this was a surprise and I didn’t know her waist measurement I used an elastic waistband. Flirty, fun, perfection.
- Hand-painted clutch for myself. Awful picture… I know. I painted several but the one pictured was one of my favorites. I haven’t seen it since I rocked it July 4th. I sure don’t treat it like its a fave, huh.
- I had to add the blue and purple fold-over clutch since it received such rave reviews. My two favorite colors together always make magic.
I was truly blessed to take part in a collaborative venture with Elle of Ellerusssew this year to create something that has never been done here in sweet home Alabama. Well at least to our knowledge it hasn’t been done. Together we hosted Sip N Sewcialize with Kim & Elle. We were able to bring together an awesome bunch of ladies and teach them how to sew a fold-over clutch like the blue and purple clutch pictured. It was amazing to be able to enjoy sewing, wine, food, new friendships, and more wine all in one fun-filled evening. As an added bonus, we even offered an entirely free beginner’s sewing class, Just Me & My Stitch, in the same weekend. Two completely booked events. Ummm…. winning.
What were some of your favorite things or new ventures accomplished this year? I’ve been planning ahead for the upcoming year and it is jammed packed full of crafty goodness. Have you started your planning yet?